Gig-FX Chopper Pedal
The Gig-FX Chopper guitar effects pedal was designed to produce the ultimate versions of traditional effects such as tremolo, auto pan and Leslie (rotating cabinet) effects, but all with a key difference- With the Gig-FX Chopper pedal, the frequency of the effects can be varied with the on-board pedal unit. No additional expression pedal is needed. By-passed by FET Switch – No loss of signal or frequency response when by-passed. Runs on a 9v battery (included when shipped), or a standard 9v AC adapter. Compact Size: 9” x 4” (228mm x 103mm). Lightweight, high-quality aircraft aluminum casting and rugged construction.
Listen to the Gig-FX Chopper Soundfiles
The CHOPPER is five effects in one:
* Tremolo: BEST IN CLASS versatile Tremolo with modulation rate controlled on the fly by the pedal
* Rotating Speaker: BEST IN CLASS stereo rotating speaker effect with pedal - adjustable rate
* Chopper: Entrancing rhythmic fully adjustable short or long pulses IN STEREO or MONO with pedal-adjustable frequency
* Delay Emulator: All the texture of multiple echoes but without the encumbrance of a repeated note
* Panning Machine: Make your solos soar across the sound stage with a STEREO auto-panner. Control panning rate with the pedal
Mono or Stereo:
The output signal from the Chopper may be mono or stereo, but is infinitely more interesting in stereo. In stereo, the effect can be panned or “chopped” from one channel to another and combined in phase or out of phase in various ways to produce an infinite number of captivating sounds. Merely describing it will not do it justice. You have to hear it to believe it!
• Easy to use. No programming or scrolling through patches required
• All analog circuitry, crystal clear sound, no coloration
• Transparent bypass achieved by a FET switch. Open frequency response same ''''as a true mechanical bypass, but more reliable. Noiseless switching.
• The circuit is designed so there is no loss of signal amplitude when the pedal is ''''turned on, so turning it on is seamless. Many tremolo pedals appear to lower ''''the volume when turned on. The Chopper does not.
• Reliable, wear-free, noise-free optical operation. Bypassed when pedal is all the ''''way back.
• Mono in, stereo out, even when in bypass mode. Both outputs are equal with ''''zero gain
• 9V working with low 15mA current consumption. Batteries just keep on going…
• Will accept standard 2.1mm power supply plug, center negative, reverse ''''polarity protected
• Flashing blue and red LED’s to show modulation rates
• Compact Size: 9” x 4” (228mm x 103mm)